Friday, May 18, 2007

End of Another School Year

Where, oh where has the time gone? I can't believe it's nearing the end of another school year. My kids have only 4 more days of school left. Well, technically, it's 3 1/2 days since my kids can come home early on the last day, May 24th.

Brandon will be "promoting" from 8th grade on Thursday. They don't call it "graduating" here. lol Whether it's called promotion or graduation, he is doing it! Today he received an award for Drama. I'm not surprised though, I definitely see enough DRAMA around here! hehe... Seriously though, he is a great kid and I am excited to see him succeeding in something he loves to do. He has come so far since being diagnosed with depression/anxiety when he was 7 yrs old and then ADD when he was 10.

Austin will be "promoting" from 5th grade. Unfortunately he and Brandon will be having their promotion ceremonies at the same time but at different locations so I have to choose which child's promotion to attend. Austin will actually be staying at the elementary school for 6th grade but Brandon will be entering High School so I will be going to Brandon's promotion. The Dad has court that he can't get out of otherwise one parent could have gone to each ceremony. Austin came home from school today with a trophy! I asked him what it was for and he said that it was for getting 90% or above on every test throughout the whole school year!
We are so proud of him! *wiping a tear from my eye*

Justen is still doing his own thing. He's working at Fry's grocery store, going to his young adults ward for church, taking a religion institute class and doing his service mission every Wednesday morning. Today he was outside helping his dad do "real work TM" shoveling dirt and moving it as we prepare for the big concrete pour.

Miss Jess had a bad night last night and didn't get to sleep until close to 4:00am. Poor kid was very emotional and not feeling well today. I suspect PMS is playing a part in her mood swings since we go through this type of thing every single month at approximately the same time before Aunt Flow comes to visit her. I just keep wondering, out of all the things that don't work in her body why does this one have to?! Not Fair I say! But as usual, I don't get to a whole lot of say in the matter. At any rate, I was able to be calm last night and didn't stress out too much. The Dad came home from work a little earlier than I expected and he said they sent him home since he already had 40 hours. So I caught an afternoon nap which I desperately needed. All in all, Jess has actually been doing fairly well the last couple of weeks. We are getting ready for her birthday party. She is going to be 19 years old on June 3rd! We are amazed. Miss Jess is having a Pirates of the Caribbean party. I will be taking her to school this coming week so she can see her friends and teachers and give them invitations to her party.


And that concludes the Jensen Family Update for this evening. Stay tuned for more excitement when we return next time to hear The Mom say, "When is school starting again? Not soon enough!"

No comments: