Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Off Day... and Prayer Request

Today was kind of .... interesting. I didn't get much sleep last night and had to get up earlier than normal to take Brandon to school. When I got home Jess got up and wasn't feeling well. I was able to get a nap in later but I've been having a few tummy issues today. So many things have come up and makes me wonder why people can't do their jobs right. I have a list of people I have to call tomorrow including SSI - they messed up Jessica's check this month. The credit union where we bank has messed up so I have to go in and get $25 back and have them change something on an account that we already went in to set up but the one lady didn't know that we had to sign a form. It is her job to know that. durrr.... some other things have come up but I won't go into details about all that.

Jessica's primary care doctor is leaving - which is fine by me since she "punted" us to urgent care when Jess was having a lung bleed recently. We were basically told that she couldn't be bothered with it. So anyway, Jess has an appointment with a new primary care doctor this Thursday. He is a friend of one of the pediatric cardiologists here and the peds cardiology nurse told me that a few of their teenage patients go to him. So... I'm really hoping that it works out! Please pray that this doctor is kind, compassionate and able to deal with such a medically involved patient as Jess... and who is willing to spend the time necessary to care for her many needs.

On a sad note, a friend of mine who lives in Ohio called me to tell me that her daughter is suffering from a brain bleed and isn't expected to live long. The daughter has a lot of medical issues and has been through so much. Please pray for this family and for the little girl. I don't want to mention names without their permission but I know that God knows who they are. I hope they are comforted and that the little girl doesn't suffer and enters God's arms peacefully.

I also wanted to add that we have met this little girl in person. Her, her parents and brother came here to our area last year so we invited them to come to our house. We spent a couple of hours together. We first met through an online support group for families with children with congenital heart defects. It's amazing how close we can get to someone that we've never met in person but this little girl we have met... and she will be missed.

5 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

That's a rough day, love. My prayers are en route. xo.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Will be praying for a great relationship with the new doctor. It can be such a crap shoot in the medical community sometimes! :-P

So sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. Will be praying for all of them, too.

I started sobbing while watching "House" tonight when a 14yo boy told his dad it was OK, that it was his time to go. Some things just hit too close to home. That's my favorite show, though. My son said he wants a doctor like House.

~Jennifer said...

I'll be praying for this little girl and her family. Very very sad.

Mary Fran Muir said...

Yikes sounds like a rotten day. Hope you are feeling better! I'll be in prayer for Jess' new doctor and for your friends daughter.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

oh no.. things sound like they're not so good...

i'm sorry nancy...i know that this wears on a person...

i am sorry ... :-(