Saturday, April 05, 2008

Cancer Strikes Again

I'm sure that most of you know that my sister's son, Marcus, is battling brain cancer. He is hanging in there and is such a fighter. He is having some side effects from where the brain tumor was. He is having a lot of emotional problems. He is now seeing a therapist and hopefully his outbursts will subside. My sister, Karen, has a blog called "I Made It Through Another Day". Feel free to stop on by her blog and say "HI!" Karen's MIL (husband's mother) was just recently diagnosed with cancer. I don't know exactly what type of cancer but John (my sister's husband) must be having a hard time. Both his son and his mother are battling cancer.

The most recent family member to be diagnosed with cancer is my niece, Ruth Ann. She is my older brother's daughter and is almost 21 yrs old. She was diagnosed with cervical cancer. She got married about 1 1/2 years ago. Her and her husband live with her family and I'm so glad that she has such great support. She is going to go to the Huntsman cancer center. At first everyone was really freaking out because the lab called and told them that she had cervical cancer stage 3!!! That would mean that the cancer has progressed quite far. We just couldn't believe it but apparently someone mis-spoke and she has cervical cancer TYPE 3, Stage 0!! Wow, what good news! It looks like they caught it early. What a blessing in disguise, huh? After that horrible scare, we are all relieved that it is in the early stages. Hopefully she will get the best care and beat this thing.

I wish she could come and visit before she has to start treatments. We couldn't attend her wedding because Miss Jess can't travel and is not doing very well. I don't dare leave her, in fact, I feel so crummy most of the time that I couldn't even imagine traveling. My brother Brian (Ruth's dad) is coming to visit next week. He is bringing two of his daughters, his youngest son and a granddaughter who we have never met. He had planned this trip awhile back and put it on hold as soon as Ruth was diagnosed with cancer. Now that everything is set up for her to get her treatment, he is going to come after all! We are planning on having everyone come her next Friday for dinner. Like I said, I wish that Ruth and Garrett (her husband) could come too.

If you wouldn't mind keeping Ruth Ann in your prayers along with Jessica and Marcus, (and my sister's MIL, Rebekah) I would really appreciate it.

4 comments:

Rene said...

I will be keeping your family in my prayers. I'm sorry there's so much illness going on.

Rene

Awesome Mom said...

I am so sorry about all the cancer happening in your family!

Melany aka Supermom said...

I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

We are most definitely praying for you and all your family. After reading the last post and this one I can't imagine all that you are going through. Know that you are loved - sending you lots of hugs and prayers.