Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Prayer Request for two little girls

The first little girl's name if Paige. She had surgery to take down the "fontan" because her body has not been able to adapt to the "fontan" circulation. (The "fontan" is a surgery that changes the way the blood is circulated from the heart - it allows more blood to get oxygenated but sometimes the patient's body can't handle it and they develope many complications) Paige has had a very rough time this last year and it was decided that they needed to undo the fontan circulation in order to help her body out. Her surgery was on Monday and she is having some complications to the surgery. Paige has a blood clot just outside her brain and the doctors are trying to get it to disolve by putting her on blood thinners. She is having some difficulties that I think are similar to Jessica's after she had a stroke. We don't know if Paige has suffered from a stroke, I'm just remembering what we went through with Miss Jess. Please pray that Paige is able to recover from this surgery and that she is able to regain her health. Please pray for her parents as they are devistated and only want the best for her. Several years ago I went to KS to a CHD quilt show. I met Jenn in person and she is one of the sweetest people I know. I had gotten to know her online and it was awesome meeting her in person.

The second little girl is Lindley, Jenny's daughter. I had a prayer request for her a couple of days ago. Lindley was supposed to have surgery yesterday but her mom hasn't updated her blog and I haven't received an email from her... so I don't know how it went. One of Jenny's friends made a button that I am posting here and on the sidebar. I will post any updates on these two sweet girls as I get them.

Praying For Lindley

Edit: I just got this update about Lindley:

Hello Friends!

Lindley's surgery went well yesterday! They were able to repair the valve instead of replace it, and she has practically no leakage now! The breathing tube was taken out before we even saw her. About 5 more tubes and iv's were taken out today. She still has a central line in that goes to the heart itself as well as a couple of iv's in her feet.

She went into surgery about 1 p.m. yesterday and was finished a little before 6:30 p.m. We've been really happy with the medical care she's receiving. They're keeping her fairly sedated. She's had her issues with pain and nausea, but they don't drag on. She's having a hard time understanding why I won't take the tube out of her neck or give her something to drink. She just wanted to see her twin, but Gracie was scared of her since she's hooked up to so many machines. So she still needs prayers for comfort and recovery.

We're so grateful for all your thoughts and prayers! I'll provide updates as I can.

Love,
Jennifer


Thank you for praying for my friends and their children. You all have been such an awesome support to me and my family, I appreciate your willingness to offer that support to these other families.


4 comments:

Miss Notesy said...

I'm so glad Lindley is doing well! Praise God! :-)

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Praying for both of these sweet girls and their families.

Anonymous said...

Glad Lindley is doing well and I hope things go well for Paige to.

I was glad to read that Jess was doing well and you all are home - I hope that continues well and that you can obtain the medication you need.

If you are in need of a good laugh, I just posted a hillarious Mom song on my blog, I just know you will get a kick out of it. :)

Flawed And Disorderly said...

Thank you so much for posting this!

Hugs!!!