Monday, May 11, 2009

I almost forgot....

to update you about the horrible flu we had. It wasn't the SWINE flu .... althought my kids do act like little piggies at times!

Jessica, Austin and Karl are all feeling MUCH better. Karl is still coughing some but at least is able to sleep and work. Austin has been back to school for about a week and is catching up on his school work. Justen is coughing a little here and there but I think it's mostly allergies at this point... in fact, I wouldn't be surprised is Karl's cough is allergy related too. Jessica is still on prednisone but I'm going to call her pulmonary doctor today and see about weaning her off of it. It is making her puffy, ornery and she REALLY can't sleep at night. Fortunately Brandon and I didn't get the cough. My voice was raspy and my sinuses are still giving me some trouble (not extreme) but I think it's allergy related too. I have these same problems every fall and every spring. Lucky me!

I am so thankful everyone in my home that was sick is getting better. I'm exhausted from taking care of everyone while they were sick. I think I need a vacation. My older brother and his family are going to Hawaii later this month. I wonder if I can fit into a VERY LARGE suitcase and go with them? haha!

Thank you for checking in on us and I'm sorry I didn't update sooner. It's been a rough few weeks.

((hugs)) to you all!

4 comments:

Rene said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day and that everyone is starting to feel better! Hugs!

falwyn said...

I'm so glad you're all getting better. I'm going to try to come to the crop this week. Keep taking care of yourself, please... :)

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Glad to hear you are hanging in there and everyone is feeling better. Hugs.
Path to Health

Melanie said...

I tried to leave a comment on the last post on Jessica's blog but got an error so I left it in the C-box, I hope all is well and preparations are in full swing for the big bash tonight! have fun!!